Saturday, January 12, 2008

Are you happy?

A heaven where we study ~ FGU


If someone ask me are you happy a few months ago or even for the past 30 over years, I wouldn’t say I’m.

Now, if the same question has thrown back to me, my answer will be definite.

I’m happy because I’m more appreciative now. Appreciative that I’ve given a chance to study in this beautiful university in Taiwan, appreciative that I have many friends here and in Singapore, appreciative about my family members who are always so supportive, appreciative that I’ve met My beloved teacher The Buddha, and most importantly, appreciative that finally I’ve put dharma into practice and my happiness comes from within.

I can sense and see my growth spiritually, though there’s still along way to go. I’m a happier person now, seeing myself breaking through the toughest and in turn, I’m able to help the friends around me.

I’m spiritually happy and my faith in Buddhism has grown even stronger.

I really enjoy my stay here. Listening to music on a sunny peaceful early afternoon while rushing reports with my fellow classmates or undergrads, mixing around with people I’m familiar or not familiar with, learning to get along with people from different background, learning to let go of my ego etc. I simply love the transformation process I’m going through.


I feel the peacefulness in me. That’s a feeling I would like to have always no matter where I go. Is that considered as an attachment too? Haha!

I simply love the quote: “Self-confidence is not a feeling of superiority, but of independence." - Lama Yeshe

I hope the thesis I wrote for the next 2 years will be beneficial to myself and to the others. I hope the thesis will be useful to anyone regardless of race, language or religion and it will transcend time and space.

Happiness comes from within. Be carefree of our body and mind, it’s the happiest moment in life.



(Hoon, 12 Jan 2008)

No comments: