Thursday, January 17, 2008

Power of the Mind~




Let's hold on together and graduate together. No more no less





Phew! 菩萨显灵…..Last nitz I managed to persuade CJ to do her reports, just a day before the deadline for ven Yung Dong’s report. I have come out with a good idea especially for her! I suggested her to drop one elective subject so she needs to do only 3 reports instead of 4 reports. Furthermore, one of the reports has postponed the deadline to 30 Jan 2008 instead of 23 Jan 2008, so she can finish her report even when she goes back to Thailand. She can send her report back to Professor via email.

But then I cheekily progressively encouraged her not to drop that particular elective module because it only requires us to write about 400-500 words, not as difficult as we think, ha!

I suggested a short term goal for her: Complete all the necessary reports for this semester. And whether she wants to continue her studies, she can think it over again when she goes back to Thailand during this winter holiday. Why make the decision of quitting school now? If she quits now, there will be no turning back. But if she submits all reports, she can choose to stay or not stay~

Furthermore, she is quite impressed that I’ve breakthrough myself and share with her more dharma now. I told her to learn to handle herself before she decided to quit. The environment, the Dharma friends, the venerable etc in FGU can help us to discover ourselves better.

I’m not sure what will be her final decision after the winter holiday, but at least, she is willing to submit her reports and agreed to reconsider it again. Now she is very busy with all the reports and has forgotten about her stomachache! Her mind is taking over her body now, and I’m soooooo happy for her!

We had a good chat with ven Mansheng just now. CJ is so positive in her words, telling shifu happiness comes from within and not due to the environment and other external factors. Can you believe that? She was so negative a few days back but now! Wow! The power of a positive mind! But I think I deserve some credit also lah! :p

Tomorrow is CJ’s birthday. As I’ve told her, the greatest gift she got this year is a new her! She is celebrating a new self!!! I’m so proud of her!

YEAH! Jiao you CJ. Dun give up so easily, even the road will be rocky in the future! We do not need to set a long term goal for ourselves if we are unsure now, we can set a short term goal: Learn to handle ourselves better, when we do so, who knows we’ll have a clearer picture of what we are going to do next??


(Hoon, Jan 16 2008)

No comments: