Monday, May 12, 2008

HY and Jen Flower

HY and Jen are very good friend. They were born in Taiwan but HY is raised and educated in Argentina. She can speak fluent Spanish. Jen is raised and educated in South African and can speak fluent English with ang moh accent. They “ adopted” me last semester as their “pet”, haha!Both of them are teachers’ fav….presentable, rational, confidence and handle all things very well.


HY is always so hardworking and responsible with a little “self” (我执). She is never afraid of showing others her weaknesses (like not so fluent English and Chinese) . There was once she was suddenly appointed to read for Master Ven Hsing Yun a Chinese passage. It was a last minute arrangement; she has no time to go through the passage and was put on stage. As her Chinese is not so good thus she read with a little difficulty. The passage was long and due to time constraint, Master Ven Hsing Yun asked another person to replace her in front of the whole faculty. But she handled it with wisdom and even wanted to try another time when Master was here again, except that this time she requested to get the passage before hand so she has time to read through it.

There was another time she and a few others went to Philippines for recruitment (招生). During the sharing session back in FGU, they showed us her video when she was introducing our school with not so fluent English. The purpose of the video was: Anyone can go to the recruitment program as long as you are willing to do it. The video was definitely a confidence booster for a lot of students who are lack of confidence!

Jen is the “psychologist/counselor” in our class and is very humorous. You’ll feel very comfortable talking to her. Everyone likes to talk to her and if anyone of us encounter any problems, we’ll go to her for a “counseling session, ha! She is very good in analyzing problems and can “see through” a person.

To HY and Jen, good friends do not mean have to be physically stick to each other every time. Both of them always do things separately. They only do things together when needed. They said true friends are always there when you are in need; they don’t interfere with your decisions but only give advice and friends always see good in you. Their style of friendship is very similar to the American soap serials “Friends”….haha!
Some of their “definition” of friends are very different from mine initially. They are very “Westernize”, they always say they love me, but some how I don’t feel it since I don’t “see” how they love me. However, their style of friendship have really "trained" me to be independent and enjoy my own company...haha!
When the time goes by, I realize they really love me a lot, even though 3 of us don’t often stick together. HY and Jen understand me very well. It seems that they can read through me. As I’m a very straight forward person and cannot express myself very well, when I said something very bad, they know that I’m hurt. They can “read through” my words and actions. They will patiently wait for me to finish my complaints and ask me, so what is the point you want to tell me? I’ll say: cos I’m hurt. And they will immediately say: “Yes, that’s the point. You finally say it out!” Then they will start “counseling” me or bring me to a walk or a movie or whatever I feel like doing.....


They will never interfere in my decision making even they know the end results maybe a bad one…. they will only give advice and wait patiently for me to go back to them with a “bloody” ending….haha!
They say I’m a very “simple” person, they can predict my next words or next action, so they are always there to “standby” me and help clear up my mess since I never want to heed their advice before I took any actions :p Jen said I’m like a kid, always act on emotion….HEEE

We are all very poor students, sometimes HY has to go back Taipai (about an hour from our school) to give Spanish Tuition to make end meets. However, she is always very generous to me. She always buy me my favorite bubble tea (to us, a dollar can mean quite a large sum sometimes!) and bought me a large cake with jen and a few friends during my birthday. I remembered it was a weekday and we have class for the whole day, but still HY found someone to send her down the mountain and get the cake and my fav bubble tea within the shortest possible time, so touched!

There are many times she “sacrifices” for me. Eg she was rushing her report but she still keep time to go dinner with me because I was damned boring and was in a foul mood.

Last week she missed the school bus just to buy bubble tea for me when she was down the mountain. She was guilty when she failed to get bubble tea for me a few days back, so not to disappoint me again, She would rather wait for another hour for the school bus than to disappoint me again….when I called her, she told me she has just drank a cup of bubble tea and will buy me one near the school bus arriving time to keep the bubble tea fresh………..so touched!!
Jen, she has helped me alot....and I've written alot about her in my previous articles last sem~Both of them have advised me not to treat a classmate C too well since she never appreciated me. I never heed the advice and true enough, I was gena "bitten" by C recently and everyone sees her as a “victim”. But never mind, everyone has their point of view and we have our own reflection to do. Ironically, both of us are in fact doing the same thing to each other~ so I cannot complain too much :p

Infact when C and I were still in a good term, I did mention to her that HY and Jen are friends who will always stand by me, they will never leave me in lure whenever I need them, just like a mother who will never leave her children, haha! But C will turn against me when she wants too…and BINGO! I was right. (Law of attraction? :p)

Btw, last week our faculty played in the internal school basketball competition and we got 17 against ….70++, haha! It was a fun game though. Most of us do not know how to play basketball, 15 of us took turn to go play within the 40 minutes. Our team was very compassionate, always practice giving during the game by passing the ball to the other team by incident! Our rival was kind too, they tried to give us chance to shoot so to let us break the ZERO!

Tonight, I’ll be taking part in the Badminton tournament, wish me luck!


Hoon
12 May 2008

No comments: